Cooper and kids like him are the reason I am running. On October 20th I will run in the Indianapolis Half Marathon to raise money for the Burn Unit. I would love it if you would like to join me and run for kids like Cooper or if you are able to donate, any amount is greatly appreciated. The donations will go to the Burn Unit at Riley in Cooper's name. Scroll down to the bottom to find out how you can get involved.

This is the official kick-off of the blog. Please check back in from time to time to see our progress. I will be keeping you updated on my training as well as where we are on our goal of raising $2,000. Feel free to leave a comment in the "comment section" if you have any words of encouragement. Let's have some fun with this, so if you have any motivational material for me, I would love to see it. Most importantly, remember to pass this site along to your friends, family, co-workers, or any other long list of people you may have. Together, I think we can exceed the $2,000 goal for the kids!

Thanks for your help,
Dan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome way for you to thank the healthcare staff at Riley. Good luck and God bless you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Dan Bernath you are AWESOME!! Our family was so blessed by Riley and I know Riley will be blessed by you. I thank you for your enthusiasm, your energy, and your heart. Cooper thanks you too!!
Tim, Amber, Emma, and Coop

The Oppold Family: said...

Our family is praying for you all as you train and then on the day of the big event! I wish now I would have joined you:)
Many blessings!
Jami